Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Trapeze Swinger

The Trapeze Swinger- Iron & Wine

Tonight I am tired. I walk on, passing streets and storefronts and people that I do not see. Every day there are people, people behind and in front and beside. But, tonight I am tired, and people I do not see. People I will not see.

Tonight I walk, gazing up and down and around, observing the crevices that every day remain unnoticed. Untouched they have waited, waited for me to become tired and to notice. Tonight I do.

They notice me back, quietly gesturing toward me. In my fatigue, I am unable to understand. Their outstretched arms call out toward me, beckoning not to come but to go. To go where, I do not know. I simply know to go.

So I go. Wearily I walk. I walk toward a nothing that is a something, a something that only the unnoticed secrets of the city can foresee. I am too tired to question. I can only trust. I can only trust in the nothings to lead me to the something, the something that, perhaps, will make me untired.


1 comment:

  1. I want to tell you I am following you and this seemed to be the only way to do such...I am navigating my way through your words, slowly but surely...I will catch up.

    ReplyDelete